International cross cultural training School

What is ICCTS?

The International Cross Cultural Training School (ICCTS) is a discipleship school that provides skills for ministry and outreach in a cross cultural context. It is designed to stimulate and equip young people to discover and fulfil God’s global purposes.

The 4-week school has a mixture of both theoretical and practical learning and is taught in English. Foreign students can choose to extend their ICCTS experience up to three months.

Components of ICCTS
• Kairos Course: God, the Church and the World
• Discipleship & Mentoring
• Servant Leadership
• Tools for Ministry & Mission
• Reading Bus Ministry (Education outreach)
• Alpha Course Leaders’ Training
• Team Dynamics
• Ministry Opportunities
• Village Outreach (Indigenous peoples)
• Unreached People Groups
• Youth and Children Outreach
• Student Outreach

image

image

Who’s Who in ICCTS?

“ICCTS is the fruition of a vision I had while still in New Zealand more than 10 years ago. A school which provides sound biblical training and ministry avenues, raising up trained and passionate young people who will want to see the nations brought into HIS Kingdom.” - Ps Cheli Tamilselvam, Bethany Ministries Malaysia, Principal of ICCTS

“ICCTS testifies to the universality in the diversity of God’s creation.”- Philip Yong, FGBMF East Malaysia, Advisor for ICCTS

“ICCTS is about discovering the purpose and passion of God in fulfilling and finishing HIS redemptive work among all peoples and HIS Kingdom.” - Ps Neduncheliyan, STAMP Malaysia,  Facilator of ICCTS

“It’s a good opportunity for young people to be trained and equipped for ministry.”  - Ps Ryan Foo, Harvest Generation  Malaysia, Teacher of ICCTS

“The ICCTS provides a community environment through which students grow in their faith, skills and Christian worldview. It is a fantastic stepping-stone for any young person wanting to pursue God’s call to cross cultural ministry.”  - Janna Ewing, DCBC New Zealand, International Coordinator of ICCTS

Impressions of ICCTS

“Solid biblical instruction and daily impartation from  experienced leaders serving in various ministries in Malaysia, with culturally relevant and hands on exposure needed to grasp Jesus' true heart for every believer's role in servant leadership, discipleship and missions.” - Carrie Baber, Global Ministry Teams

“I learnt more about missions, serving others and discipleship. The teachers’ testimonies encouraged me, helping me draw nearer to God.” - Simon Wee, ICCTS graduate 2008

“The way God wants us to spread the gospel is not through our words alone, but by our actions consciously and constantly loving all the people around us.” - Leslie Leong, ICCTS graduate 2008

“The school is a refreshing reminder of God's plan and purpose for the world. Through ICCTS I have learnt how to trust God and to rely on Him as I live my life each day.”
- Oguchi Nzekwe, ICCTS graduate of January 2008

image

Stories from Students

image

“I joined ICCTS while on summer break halfway through my medical degree in Russia. ICCTS opened my eyes to a lot of new things. I learnt much on God’s plan and how to evangelize, and also how to communicate with different people. As we visited different places and villages I got to know the different cultures and their lifestyles. It was interesting to learn lots of new thing and I enjoyed it all. The most crucial thing is that after ICCTS I seem to be able to fit in better now that I am back in to Russia. I thank God for giving me this opportunity to go through this course that I may enrich my life with lots of new things.” - Stephen Wong, ICCTS graduate of June 2008

image

“ICCTS showed me that there are so many people groups out there that can be reached, and going out to help in the villages helped me see beyond the small window of life  that we see most of the time in Kuching. The time spent at Kairos mission awareness training was really eye-opening too.” - Shellyn Felicia, ICCTS graduate of June 2008
Note:  Shellyn is currently in her final year of law studies at SEGi college and serves as one of the leaders in Bethany Ministries.

image

“ICCTS was indeed a great learning experience, and I had the privilege to experience it as both a participant and a facilitator. I was deeply challenged to look at ministry for God’s kingdom with a different perspective and it was a blessing to be able to learn and share my life with so many people through the course.  The course showed me that regardless how we look on the outside, we are all the same inside – we are all God’s beloved children.” - James Loi, ICCTS graduate of June 2008
Note:  James is the Missions Coordinator of Bethany Ministries and is part of the team of teachers at ICCTS.

image

“ICCTS has helped me draw closer to God and it is an excellent training ground for spiritual disciplines. Through this school I have been given the opportunity to serve and by doing so I am able to discover my gifts. I have also built strong friendships and have learnt how to trust and be accountable to others. I feel that the greatest impact that ICCTS has had on me is that it has ignited a passion within me for the lost and needy.”- Barnabas Ung, ICCTS graduate of June 2008
Note:  Barnabas is currently in his final year studying Marketing and Management in Swinburne University, Kuching and serves as a leader in the Campus Alpha ministry.